A little bit about me...

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Oh, how my garden grows..... NOT!

Hello Everyone!

I have come to the conclusion that growing cacti is going to be my new forte. I thought that because I am a new homeowner that I would plants tons of flowers and make my home look like a fairytale cottage..... Well, that is not what fate had in store for me. I am fortunate to have wonderful friends and family that love making plans to do fun things... things that require me to be out and about town! Most unfortunately, this means I am away from home and depend on the Heavens to water my flowers... and by Heavens, I mean the storms that come through Lexington and knock my pots over, spill dirt everywhere, toss my flowers around like rag-dolls. My once gorgeous flower baskets have been reduced to prickly sticks with crunchy leaves on them. 

I know what you're thinking: Am I too lazy when I get home from work to water my flowers like a good gardener? Most likely, this is the case. In my defense, I am Lexington Summer Newbie from Northern IN and at 5 o'clock in the afternoon, it feels like a I am walking into a tropical washcloth when I step outside. Should I not be wimp and just get the job done? Again, this is definitely the case, I should suck it up. However, I am thinking that in my next go-around with flower baskets, I will invest in a sprinkler. BOOM. Magic. Cacti and hostas will have to suffice for now.

One last thing before I go... have fun celebrating this Great Nation's Independence this weekend! I shall return next week with some new insight into how this Gemini chick tackles the daily grind...

No comments:

Post a Comment